Are you someone who loves the holidays … from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day, decorates early, has presents all tied up and ready to hand out, cooks and bakes for parties, hosts parties, and is filled with the glee the entire season? Or are you someone who is filled with a little sadness or loneliness, dreads holiday shopping, would love to say no to all of the holiday parties, struggle with family gatherings, and simply wants to stay buried under the warm covers until the season is over? No matter which holiday camp you fall into, both types can suffer from holiday physical and emotional stress. So how do you maintain Holiday Sanity?
Admittedly, I am someone who loves the holiday season (I’ve been on a cookie and candy making frenzy for a few weeks!), but I’ve had my fair share of years where I was melancholy and just wanted to hold my breath until it passed. Here’s a few tricks that are tried and tested by moi and have worked to keep me balanced and sane!
For physical wellness:
- Drink Young Living Ningxia Red everyday. I started doing this about 4 months ago and I now cannot imagine a day without it. You will have energy and your body will feel great. When you’re not eating right or having long and busy days, this can keep you balanced.
- Young Living DiGize and Peppermint oils are great after a big meal. Apply to your abdomen or ingest a few drops in a capsule.
- Young Living Thieves and R.C. oils will help you stay strong during winter. And Thieves cleaner will keep your home naturally clean without toxins!
- Put a Clear Quartz crystal in a glass of water, sit it in a window sill and let the sun infuse the water with the crystal’s energy. At the end of the day, or first thing in the morning, drink the water. Then refill the glass everyday. Clear Quartz is known as the Master Healer!
- Take a good probiotic to help keep your internal system balanced. I love Young Living’s Life 5 probiotic.
- Try on a green smoothie for breakfast that is filled with green vegetables! This will help you after too much eating the day before.
- If you have less time for exercise, make sure that you at least do a little more walking during the day (take the stairs rather than the elevator) and do some stretching/yoga before bed.
For emotional wellness:
- These essential oils are uplifting, inspiring and help you stay balanced during chaos: Young Living’s Believe, Joy, Neroli, Oola Balance, and Transformation are a few of my favorites.
- Wear or carry citrine crystals for a pick-me-up vibration. Citrine exudes happiness and carries the sunny energy of the sun! These are also excellent to place in a glass of water and let the sun infuse the crystal into the water for drinking.
- Put it in your calendar that you absolutely will, without exception, find quiet time (aka meditation) for at least 5 minutes everyday. This will absolutely keep you grounded and centered.
- Schedule an energy healing or massage session for yourself to help work out the physical kinks and emotionally energize your spirit.
- Focus on the good that is around you. Whenever you begin to feel stressed, stop and think of 5 things that you’re grateful to have in your life.
- Play music that inspires you. This could be classical music or 80’s punk rock! And if the music moves you, dance it out! You will feel amazing afterwards.
And do not forget that your pets can struggle during the holidays too. Check out my blog about how to have a Happy Healthy Holiday Pet. And remember, whether you are surrounded by a big crazy eccentric family or living alone, a daily practice of gratitude (when you wake up and before you fall asleep) will help you enjoy the the season.
Happy Holidays to all of you and I look forward to connecting even more in 2015!
About Allie Phillips: