Every person and animal has an energy field, or an aura, that radiates out from the body. This field can measure anywhere from a few feet to over 30 feet. As you move throughout your day, your field co-mingles with other people’s energy (OPE). This can result in many people feeling yucky at the end of the day, especially if you comingle with a negative or toxic energy field.
Having an open and clear energy field is important to help us genuinely connect with others and to receive and send energy (including intuitive messages). If you are an empath or high sensitive, you will be impacted by OPE more strongly than others. There are times that we need to compress and close our energy field to protect our energy field and maintain our sanity. For example, if you are in a crowded situation (such as an airplane, bus, mall, or at a party) and you start to feel agitated or edgy, it can be helpful to close your energy field to protect you from the unwanted barrage of OPE.
So how do you close your energy field? The simplest and least obvious technique is to cross your ankles while pressing your finger tips to each other. Do this for a few minutes while breathing deeply. You will notice the agitation melts away. I also like to place a drop of Young Living Valor essential oil on my wrists to provide a protective shield around my energy field. You can also wear or carry Black Tourmaline which transmutes negative energy. I use all three of these techniques when I am on an airplane and it works great.
Then after you are away from an energetically crowded area, these are some additional techniques to help clean your energy field of OPE so that you do not transfer it to others (especially your companion animals):
- Take a palm-sized crystal (I particularly like Aurora Quartz, also known as Anandalite) or a Selenite wand and brush it about 3-4 inches off of your body. Use a sweeping motion to brush the energy away and down.
- Place a drop of Young Living White Angelica essential oil in your palm, rub together, and then brush your energy field using the away and down method.
- Before you enter your home, take your hands and brush your energy field using the away and down method. Remember to brush your backside, too. This helps you to avoid bringing unwanted energies to your family and especially to your pets who are ultra-sensitive to OPE.
- Go outside and stand on the ground with your bare feet. This technique is called earthing and helps you to connect to the healing vibration of Mother Earth and reset your vibrational rate while clearing out unwanted energies.
- If you have a crystal singing bowl or Tibetan singing bowl, spend a few minutes chiming the bowl to create a clearing resonance.
Be careful about the energy that you put out into the world because it will come back around to you. So make it great energy!
Join in on the fun!