Is it ethical to send energy healing to a person or animal without their permission? This is a very sensitive topic for some healers. No matter where you look these days, you will encounter stories of people and animals who are suffering, hurt, in harms way or passing.
It is natural for a healer to want to send healing during times of suffering. This is a compassionate, empathetic response that is normal. Good intentions are admirable and much needed in this world. But it is important to look to your energy healing training on any ethical guidelines that you received. For most modalities, permission from the energy healing recipient is required. It is actually considered a violation of our ethical standards to send healing to anyone (person or animal) without permission. Why? A doctor, accountant, or other professional would not provide a service without permission, right? The same goes true for energy workers. But most important, the energy that you send could end up interfering with any healing work that they may already be doing and may not be in the person or animal’s highest good.
So how do you ask permission?
- If the person is with you, just ask!
- If the person is at a distance and you can contact them, ask for permission!
- If the person is at a distance and you do not know them to ask permission, meditate and quiet your mind, look at their photo (if you have one) and mentally send them a question asking if they would welcome some healing energy. The first thing that comes to mind is their answer. If the answer is no, it must be respected. But you can certainly ask again another time.
- If it is an animal that is with you, follow the same procedure above. Quiet yourself, sit with the animal, ask them (out loud or in your mind) if they would welcome healing. Listen for an intuitive answer or watch to see if they move towards you. If they move away or give a clear signal that they do not want healing, always respect it and stop. You can always try again later. Never ever force energy healing on an animal … that is absolutely an ethical no no!
- If the animal is at a distance or you do not know, quiet your mind, focus on their photo (if you have one) and follow the same procedure above to see if you get an intuitive answer. Only if you get a signal to proceed should you offer healing.
- If any any point you do not get a clear answer or are uncertain, be cautious and do not send healing.
In some modalities, such as Integrated Energy Therapy (an angelic healing), you can send healing without permission and the energy will be stored for the person or animal and when they are ready to receive it, that is when it will arrive for them.
About Allie Phillips:
Join in on the fun!