I have been fascinated by essential oils for over 15 years; but it’s only been in the past year or so that I have studied them, worked extensively with them (on myself, my cats and my clients) and seen the amazing healing power they hold. Over the years I have enjoyed many different brands of essential oils: oils that are intended to scent a home, oils that are intended to be inhaled or mixed with a carrier oil for placement on the skin, and oils that are 100% pure therapeutic-grade.
Currently I am working exclusively with Young Living oils because of the purity of the oils and the education that they have provided me about the science and art of working with oils. Here’s what I have learned about Young Living oils that I love:
- Essential oils do not accumulate in the body
- Essential oils are more potent than herbs and travel through the body quickly
- Essential oils have an energy frequency that can raise or lower your vibration (Rose is the highest frequency at 320 MHz)
- 100% pure therapeutic-grade oils can be placed directly on the skin, can be used with animals, can be ingested, and do not expire
- Essential oils help to reduce stress, to calm the body, and even help you balance/grow emotionally and spiritually
My favorite way to work with the oils is to diffuse them. As I write this, I am diffusing Clarity to help me think clearly as I write. Here are some of my other favorite oils to diffuse:
- Bergamot, Grapefruit & Lime – excellent spring/summer scent
- Envision & Highest Potential – when I am creating
- Grounding – when I feel antsy
- Joy – when I feel blue
- Peace & Calming – when I need to relax
- RC – when I need to support my immune system
- Release – when I need to let the day go
When I was on extensive travel in March and April, I ingested Thieves oil to support my immune system during an exhausting time. I also like to place oils in a spritzer bottle with water to spray work places and hotel rooms to clear the energy.
With animals, a drop of oil can be rubbed on the fur down their spine or on the bottom of their paws. When my cat Jacob first came to me two years ago, he was afraid of certain noises. After a few month of rubbing Valor (an oil of courage) down his back, his fear disappeared and has not returned.
I will be sharing more information about essential in the weeks and months to come as I will be attending the Young Living 20th Anniversary Annual Convention at the end of this month!! If you want to learn more about essential oils and how they can help your physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing, and how they help animals, check out my Facebook page on weekends where I discuss essential oils! And if you are interested in becoming a Young Living distributor where you can purchase oils at reduced cost regardless of whether you sell them, I would be happy to sign you up!
About Allie Phillips:
Join in on the fun!