I love to follow astrology because it often explains why things are happening. You don’t have to be an expert master astrologer to know and feel the intense energies that have been on us for the past year or so.
Well, we’re in for another intense time starting July 12, 2018 (starting at 9:48pm/eastern) with a new moon and partial solar eclipse. Then we have a full moon and lunar eclipse on July 27, 2018 (starting at 1:14pm/eastern and the eclipse will be the longest this century) followed by a new moon and partial solar eclipse on August 11, 2018 (starting at 4:02am/eastern). None of these eclipses can be seen from North America, but many people will certainly feel them.
So what does this all mean? You can learn more about sun, moon and eclipse energies and how they impact you in this blog post, but here’s some specifics about this eclipse season so that you are prepared.
New Moon with Partial Solar Eclipse – This eclipse may bring up a lot of unresolved emotions, changes in the family unit, and pushing us out of our comfort zones while helping us to transform and move out of old patterns. This eclipse is all about highlighting our subconscious patterns that have been holding us back and this will all come to the surface. Oh goodie (she says sarcastically)! Ultimately this will help us to understand ourselves better, to release stuck patterns and will benefit us long term. It’s really important to go with the flow, let this happen, and don’t fight it. You may feel hugely uncomfortable during this time but imagine it like the birthing process …. It’s painful but ultimately beautiful on the other side.
Full Moon with Lunar Eclipse – This eclipse will have the strongest impact because it’s in Leo (which is my sun sign, oh more fun!). It will trigger a lot of turbulent energy because this eclipse is about letting go of what no longer serves us (even if it’s comfortable). It may bring up repressed energy and feelings (like anger). This is an intense frustrated energy where you will feel like you need to jump into something and may act impulsively. It’s a time where you may experience a lot of change and upheaval, and it’s also a time to surrender for the best change. So think about anything that you feel needs to be changed and if you’ve been thinking about this change for a while then it’s a good time to take action. If it’s something new, then hold off for now. And also be more forgiving to people who say and do things that are hurtful and unkind because they may not know how to handle this energy.
New Moon with Partial Solar Eclipse – This eclipse will highlight Mercury Retrograde (from July 26 – August 19, 2018). This is a chance for new beginnings in the sign of Leo (which is the energy of leading and moving forward even in the face of obstacles). From the powerful eclipse season last summer, we’ve gone thru a lot of changes and this is the last chance for new beginnings. It’s a time to rethink and redo where we are going and a time to focus on changes that need to happen. It’s a time to rethink and readjust, and letting go of responsibilities to other people. It’s a time where we need to surrender and release control, deal with power struggles, and just let go. Take in what’s going on, loosen up, and allow something better to come in. In the Law of Attraction, this is called receiving.
Wow, that all sounds fairly ominous. But we’ve been through powerful energies like this and survived. So what can you do to be and feel your best during this turbulent time?
Here are 5 tips to help keep you grounded and flowing during this season:
(1) Lots of self care, such as spending time with the elements you feel most drawn to (water, mountains, sun, etc.). Make a point everyday during this month-long eclipse season to practice self care.
(2) Lots of meditation and quiet time to keep your mind from going to the place of fear.
(3) Get moving with yoga, exercise, walking so that the energies don’t build up in you.
(4) Use true therapeutic-grade essential oils (not fragrance oils) to help with the transformation part of these eclipses because when you smell a real essential oil it goes into the limbic region and emotional area of the brain. My recommendations for this time are:
- Surrender blend = the energy of this blend feels like a pressure valve releasing controlling and overbearing behavior (because we cannot control what happens around us, only our response). It helps to release resistance to change, learn to embrace what cannot be controlled and go with the flow. This is the oil where you stop paddling upstream and, instead, drop your oars and let the river turn your boat around to head with ease in a better direction.
- Acceptance blend = the energy of this blend is soothing when you need to stop pushing against and resisting what is happening in your life. It helps you to accept when you know that you need a new direction, when you need to embrace change, but change feels scary.
- Awaken blend = the energy of this blend can open you to your potential, help you with meditation, visualization and manifesting so that you can make the personal changes to manifest your dreams.
- Believe blend = the energy of this blend shifts you to believing what right now you cannot believe. It works on despair and inadequacy to help you feel empowered even when the future is unknown or uncertain.
- Into the Future blend = the energy of this blend is about moving forward and leaving the past in the past, helping you to visualize a new future, to release fear and take leaps of faith. It’s a great oil to use when you know your potential but you’re afraid to go for it.
- Clevelandite = If you want to read an article I wrote just on this crystal, you can find it at healingcrystals.com. In a nutshell, this a crystal of profound life change by helping you to focus on exactly what change you need and showing you what you have in your life to help you succeed.
- Danburite = excellent for deep change, leaving the past behind, bringing patience and peace of mind during transformation.
- Elestial Quartz = a stone of change and transformation to set you on your life path.
- Labordorite = a stone of transformation that is highly protective, helps to banish fears and insecurities during change.
- Larimar = a deeply nurturing crystal that helps to calm the mind and body into a meditative state, helps you to go with the flow, brings equilibrium during change and helps to guide the soul on its true path.
Eclipses are all about mindset. So either you can worry, fret and fight it every step of the way and feel miserable. Or you can relax, accept and let the energies move you into a place that you likely could not dream of happening.
What other tools do you like to use during intense energies? Please post a comment so that we can all share and learn!
About Allie Phillips:
Allie is a multi-careered energy therapist (Usui Reiki Master-Teacher, Fairy Reiki Master, Integrated Energy Therapy Master-Instructor, and Advanced Crystal Master), Young Living essential oil Silver Leader educator, instructor at Young Living’s annual Animal Essential Oil Conference, award-winning book author, attorney and internationally-recognized animal advocate, and Founder/CEO of Sheltering Animals & Families Together (SAF-T)™. She helps people create a natural non-toxic lifestyle, find financial freedom, and help animals live with comfort in our hectic world. She particularly loves helping our animal companions and those temporarily in animal shelters because for those of us who have them grace our worlds, they are our soul mates.