So, I want you to think about you most want in this life? Now I want you to not focus on your wants and honestly answer what you are doing to help others? This could be in the form of volunteering your time or money, it could be in the form of offering something that people pay for to improve their lives (such as a book, coaching, energy healing, a new healthy recipe, etc.), it could be what you share on your social media pages, and so on.
I have posed this question to a few dozen people over the past few weeks and received a consistent answer back: I am too busy to help others; I am barely able to help myself. If you fall into that camp, keep reading!!
Why is giving and helping others so important in a world that is so busy? Because when you shift your energy away from what can I get for myself to how can I serve and help others, your vibrational energy begins to slough off the negative energy of gimme gimme gimme and that endless to-do list, and allow in the flow of positive energy of I have something worthwhile to share with others.
It doesn’t matter whether what you offer is free or comes with a price. When you genuinely want to help others achieve what they want most in life (whether human or animal), you are sharing your gifts with the world and making the world a better place. And it is perfectly fine to charge for that because if you can make a living at doing what you love, everyone benefits!!!
Sound cliché? I challenge you to spend the next week with this mantra in the forefront of your mind: How can I serve? This instantly drops the energy of gimme gimme gimme and that pesky to-do list, and helps you embrace that when others succeed and achieve what they want, everyone benefits (including you).
Because I never ask anyone to do what I am unwilling to do, what I am doing to serve? Well, it can be exhausting because pretty much every waking minute of the day I am serving others and would do so whether I was paid or not (and much of what I do is not for financial gain). Here are a few of those activities:
- I educate people on how to prevent and protect animals from abuse;
- I volunteer to help care for abused, neglected and homeless cats (if I can help one cat purr with joy, my work is complete);
- Everyday I read, educate and invest in myself so that I can share what I know to help people live their best life;
- On weekends I am creating a domino effect of healing by teaching classes so that others can learn energy therapy techniques (click here to check out my upcoming class schedule);
- I provide energy therapy sessions to help people and animals feel better;
- I work nights and weekends creating a new signature coaching program to help people invest in themselves and step into the life that they were born to live; and
- I write a weekly newsletter and blog (like this one) to share my love of essential oils, crystals and other energy modalities and showcase their amazing power to balance the physical/emotional/mental/spiritual body for improved wellness. I love it when someone reads what I’ve written and they sign up for a class, purchase a crystal, change how they relate to others, or invest in a kit of oils that inevitably leads to an energy shift.
As I create, develop and share, I do so with this ringing through my ears, how can I help others get what they want? It’s never about making money or having the most Facebook likes; it’s about having someone say thank you for sharing what you know … it changed my life!
So this week, please please please ponder how you are helping others and you will be graced with a boom-a-rang return of that energy. And please post me a comment here or on my Facebook page about how you are serving. We can all help each other serve and that will change the vibrational energy of the planet!
About Allie Phillips:
Join in on the fun!
One thought on “In order to get what you want, help others get what they want”
really loved reading this post. what a truly beautiful expression of source you are. i am inspired to volunteer at the san francisco -s.p.c.a- -i,ve been putting off up to this point- as the apartment complex prohibit,s “pets” and i know i will be so enamored of these wonderful dogs, etc- and won,t be able to take any home. But- i,m inspired by this post to – go ahead- offer/give what love and help i can. Allie -i,ve always been credulous re; whether crystal -“noticeably “work” are effective. does one have to be -without significant meridian-energy blocking i.e a less contracted person for the benifits to be practically useful? anyway -Bless you. your an Angel- incarnate!!