We are in a very interesting time in our history. One thing that is very important is to prepare instead of panic.
During the annual cold & flu season, we ramp up the frequency in washing hands (soap & water or hand sanitizer) and stay away from people showing signs of sickness. Right?
So let’s ramp up our proactive measures than panic.
I travel a lot and have done so for the past 17 years. It is easy to catch germs on an airplane, in a hotel and in restaurants/stores frequented during travel. Our body can be challenged while on travel when our sleep patterns are changed, and when we’re stressed. Germs have a bigger impact on us if we are struggling. But our body’s response is also challenged when it spends valuable energy fighting toxins invading our bodies. So if our cells fight daily toxins (like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate found in most personal care products), there is little left to fight germs.
Here are a few tips that may help:
- Do NOT stress or worry. Stay informed from credible sources and avoid fear-based news and social media. Worry and fear can stress your immune system. Watch more Harry Potter and Hallmark movies! 🙂
- Wash hands frequently. I use Thieves Hand Soap because it contains NO toxic ingredients.
- Use hand sanitizer. I use Thieves Hand Sanitizer which contains NO toxic ingredients, cleans my hands and moisturizes them rather than dries them out. Most commercial hand sanitizers contain isopropyl alcohol which is very drying to skin.
- Clean surfaces. When I am home I use Thieves Household Cleaner on everything, including my smartphone, computer keyboard, and my steering wheel. When I am away from home, I use Thieves Spray for door handles, light switches, airline tables and arm rests for plant-based clean.
- Eat healthy whole foods and drink water. When you can nourish your body with real whole foods and drink half your weight in ounces in water everyday, this strengthens your immune system.
- Get good sleep. If you have trouble sleeping, my favorite oils are Lavender oil in the diffuser, and Frankincense oil on my forehead.
- Start eliminating toxic products. When you reduce your toxic overload, your body can begin to rebalance. Toxins slowly invade our body in small doses and after years and decades those toxins break down our natural defenses. These are the areas in life where we have the most toxic exposure. Click on each to see what I have ditched and switched:
- Perfume (use essential oils instead)
- Shower products
- Household cleaners
- Scented home products (candles, plug-ins, sprays)
- Laundry products
What’s a good first step?
The Thieves Premium Starter Kit is a valuable cleaning kit at a significant discount and you’ll get a wholesale account.
If you don’t have a Young Living wholesale account (24% discount everyday plus a cash-back rewards program), just click here to get one and join me on this oily journey. If you have questions, please post a comment or message me.