Want an instant stress reliever that raises your vibration? Then prepare to shake your groove thing! I have been an avid dancer ever since I was 4 years old. And while I progressed from the ballet studio to the ballroom, what I have discovered is that you do not have to be a trained dancer to enjoy the benefits.
Dancing is a great way to get a depleted, tired, stiff and cranky body moving. Dancing releases endorphins (the happy hormones), gets your cardio-vascular system pumping, and releases stress to rebalance your exhausted adrenals (your fight-flight glands that pump far too much stress-producing cortisol leaving you like a walking shell of a person). And researchers have studied the health benefits of dancing!
Do these 5 things to feel better:
- Don’t worry about how you look when dancing
- Don’t think about whether you know how to dance (this is not Dancing with the Stars, my friend)
- Find a private location in your home, or be bold and go to a dance club
- Select a song that takes you back to a joyful time in the past, one that gets your feet naturally grooving to the rhythm
- And then in the immortal words of Prince … Let’s Go Crazy and Party like it’s 1999!
I have my favorite Bust-A-Move 80’s Songs that I crank up whenever I’m stressed, upset, angry, depleted, or just need an instant pick-me-up. When you dance it out, don’t worry about holding proper posture or stepping with a proper ballroom ball-heel. This is a time to find your inner Flash Dance and spaz out. I have been known to grab my cat for a funky Salsa. Just do whatever comes to mind. The goal is to groove & move until you forget why you started.
I guarantee you that after one song, you will forget why you needed to dance it out. After three songs, you will be on a dancing high. And after six songs, your legs will burn with pain and you will collapse in ecstasy.
Dancing is an excellent way to raise your vibration and pull yourself out of a negative downward spiral. While you may think this is silly or that you don’t have the moves to dance, just do it and I can guarantee that you will feel amazing!