Have you felt like the past few years have been all about identifying what is no longer working for you and releasing? Have you noticed that people, situations, and things fell away during this time? Some may have been welcomed releases and others sad releases. I had some friends and work situations fall away and it was sad but necessary because they were weighing me down. What has become clear is that the past few years gave us an opportunity to reflect on our lives, face fear (to stop us from living in fear), and make much-needed changes.
But now the energy of change and release is not as intense. Have you felt relief in the past few weeks? I certainly have. We are in a time to rest, reflect, rejuvenate, and re-evaluate because very soon it will be time to start moving forward and taking action without the weight of what we released. Part of this rest is due to being in Mercury Retrograde (which ends on October 9th). But if you’re like me, you’re having trouble fully resting because we’ve spent 2-3 years doing, going, releasing, changing and consciously (or subconsciously) reworking our lives. Do you still feel like you need to be going and moving but the energies are making you tired to force some rest?
Here’s the thing about the time of rest that we’re in … it’s really important that you take advantage of this energetic down time. Take some time right now to reflect on these questions and write down your answers:
- What did your life look like 3 years ago and where are you now that is different? What was your fear level 3 years ago on a scale of 1 to 10?
- What has fallen away (disappeared/released) from your life in the past 3 years and how do you now feel about that? Look at career, relationships, health, finances, where you live, people who surround you, etc.
- When you look back 3 years, how do you feel about your life right now?
- Knowing where you are now, how do you now feel about change?
- And on a scale of 1 to 10, where is your fear level today?
Taking the time right now to reflect on these questions and where you are now will help you get prepared to take action and start moving forward to embrace and grab the life that you are meant to have (without the weight of old energies from the past). Are you ready to do that? It’s okay if you feel nervous about it or don’t see the path clearly in front of you. First you need to give yourself some time, even just a day or two, to rest and reflect. Then you can get moving again and you will know the first step to take.
For the past 3 years, you may not have consciously made changes, but found yourself walking the path of change. That’s how the new energies are working. So these changes will continue to take place whether you recognize it or not because change begins at the subconscious and energy level.
- Embrace change, don’t fight it, and go with the flow. When you fight change it’s like paddling back up stream and you’re only going to get exhausted. Drop the oars of resistance and see where it takes you.
- Be aware of how your days unfold. Too many people are going through the motions because they are so stressed or so busy. That’s not living. I know, because I was there. When you become consciously aware of how you spend your days, you will more easily accept when a new path appears.
- Get yourself a stock of therapeutic-grade essential oils that will support you during change and promote a positive attitude. When you work with these oils, you change your vibration. And when you have a vibrational level that you can sustain without it being a rollercoaster, you will feel better physically and emotionally. My favorites are Abundance, Believe, Clarity, Envision, Forgiveness, Highest Potential, Hope, Joy, Sacred Mountain, Transformation, White Angelica, and the Infused7 kit. Go here to learn more!
- Tap tap tap. When you use the Emotional Freedom Technique everyday and tap on concerns, worries, and energy blocks, you can release those and let other deep-down issues bubble up so that those can be released too. Tapping will help you feel better as change happens.
- And be very discerning about what you think, what you say, and what you do. The energies are such that manifesting is happening rapidly for many people. What you think, say and do will appear in your world. So if you are thinking about money worries, you will have money worries. If you tell people how sick/tired/upset you are, you will be sick/tired/upset. If you are engaging in activities/work that do not bring you joy and fulfillment, then you are sending a conflicting message to the Universe that you give your precious time to these unfulfilling tasks and you will get more of the same.
Mercury Retrograde ends on Friday. So give yourself the space until then to rest, reflect, rejuvenate and re-evaluate. When you do that, you will have the energy to take action and soar in the right direction. Without it, you may continue to feel weighted down.
Post me a comment to share how you’ve been feeling recently and what steps you are taking!
About Allie Phillips: