If you work with vibrational therapies (energy healing, angels, essential oils, crystals, sound, color) or are an intuitive or empath, you may experience the situation of other people are feeding off of your higher vibrational energy. Your energy will naturally raise simply by working with these modalities. Over the years, I have studied and practice the Law of Attraction, lived in synchronicity with Universal Laws, worked with Reiki, angelic healing, crystals, essential oils, color therapy and sound therapy. In doing this, my vibrational energy has increased and made me aware of this feeding.
When someone’s vibrational energy increases, there are certain groups of people who are attracted to that energy. They want to feed off of it to feel better. For some people who feed, it raises their vibrational energy and that is a great thing for our planet. For other people who feed, their vibration remains low but it drains us of our energy. That is an unhealthy relationship and it is these people who often have us feeling badly, uncomfortable and out of sorts. These people have been referred to as energy vampires. They may have no idea what they are doing, but most of us can see them a mile away. But because of our empathetic nature, we want to help them.
So what can you do to maintain your high vibration while helping others? Here are my top five recommendations:
- An intuitive in Sedona shared a brilliant technique with me last Fall. When you sense that someone is feeding from your energy, call on Archangel Michael and ask him to connect the other person with their own energy source. It’s that simple. It is a kind gesture on your part because when they can connect with their own source energy, they can raise their vibration without draining yours. If they choose not to raise their vibration, the source energy may make them feel uncomfortable and disconnected as a wake up call that they need to shift gears. They will also feel out of sync with you and stop feeding on your energy. It’s a win win for all.
- Wear protective crystals, but not crystals that block because blocking crystals will cut you off from helping and sensing (which is contrary to our purpose in life). A great protective crystal that keeps your vibration high is Labradorite! Healingcrystals.com has beautiful Labradorite necklaces and Etsy has loads of jewelry that you can wear and infuse your energy field. Put the bracelet on and you will have an energy field around you that is protective and nurturing at the same time. It’s like Wonder Woman and Hello Kitty meshed together (giggle)!
- Young Living White Angelica is a beautifully scented oil blend that protects your energy field while raising your vibration. It is specifically recommend for those working with energy therapies and warding off negative energy. I spritz my healing room with White Angelica before and after sessions. The vibrational frequency of this blend is 89 MHz. Other high frequency oils from Young Living are Frankincense (147 MHz), Helichrysum (181 MHz), Joy (188 MHz), Rose (320 MHz) and Sacred Mountain (176 MHz).
- Fill your home and/or workspace with crystals and diffuse the essential oils recommended above.
- Make sure you have quiet reflective/meditative time everyday. This is the best way to keep yourself connected to source energy.
When you are called to work with vibrational energy, it does not mean that you sacrifice your energy at the same time. You do not have to adopt the attitude of blocking and banning other energy; instead, transmute it by protecting yourself and keeping your vibration high which then resonates with all.
About Allie Phillips:
Allie is a unique combination of self-empowerment coach (Certified Law of Attraction Counselor and Life Coach), energy therapist (Usui Reiki Master-Teacher, Integrated Energy Therapy Master-Instructor, and Advanced Crystal Master), award-winning book author, attorney and nationally-recognized animal advocate. Whether it’s wanting more freedom, creativity, loving relationships, financial security, wellbeing, relaxation, or adjusting to the energy of our new world … she looks at each person and animal holistically and creates a well-being plan. She holistically combines these methods to help people gain control of their lives and to help animals live with comfort in our hectic world. It worked for her and will work for you! She particularly loves helping our animal companions because for those of us who have them grace our worlds, they are our soul mates.
Join in on the fun!
We have all encountered people who drain our energy, right? Whether they know it or mean it, they suck the life and light out of a room and out of people. They go through life with a grey cloud over their head (and not nearly as cute as Pig Pen from the Charlie Brown series). They complain, moan, groan, find negativity in every situation, gossip, say negative things about others, judge, criticize, and frankly find little or no joy in the world. Yikes … who would want to live like that? You were not brought in to this world to be miserable or to make others miserable. And you do not have to tolerate that in your life.
Yesterday, a person of authority told a subordinate that she was not liked by anyone. This person is generally uplifting and positive so I suspect it was said under stress. When I heard this, it took all of my energy to elevate this energy vampire victim back to a place where she did not feel like climbing under a rock. Didn’t our moms tell us if you don’t have anything nice to say, zip it! Not only was this statement inappropriate given the authority position of the speaker, but it was said at a time when both are under an unbearable amount of pressure and should be aiming to stay positive. There was no point to saying such a cruel thing to this person, and the timing of it could not have been worse.
For many people, it seems like we get negative comments or criticism at a time when we are feeling down, right? And that is precisely how the energy vampire works. They sense vulnerability and move in to drain you even further. Energy vampires generally think very little of themselves, are internally miserable and believe that misery loves company. So they go through life recruiting people to join their pity party by spreading negativity and bringing people down. Don’t get me wrong … many energy vampires have no clue that they are sucking the life out of people around them. They have no self-perception or awareness of their conduct. So feel bad for these people. Regardless, it does not mean that anyone should fall victim to an energy vampire.
So how do you detect an energy vampire? Look for these signs:
- criticizing others behind their back
- only seeing the negative in people or situations
- drama queens who exaggerate situations
- passive aggressive actions and comments
- praise veiled in criticism to self or others
- rude comments
- general nastiness
How do you deal with energy vampires knowing that they are floating around you?
- When you see an energy vampire coming, move in the other direction. Avoiding an energy vampire is your best protection. If an energy vampire is your boss, limit contact as much as possible to short intervals so that you can recover between attacks.
- Don’t let an energy vampire corner you without an escape plan. If an energy vampire is hovering in your office door or space and you are cornered without a 2nd door to run out, make up an excuse to have them leave (i.e., I’m sorry, but I have a scheduled phone call; we’ll have to talk later because I’m on a deadline for this project; or physically excuse yourself to go to the restroom).
- If you live with an energy vampire, either have a serious discussion with them about their energy and what it is doing to your health and wellbeing, or leave the situation. Do not continue to be a victim because that is exactly what energy vampires crave.
- If you are drawn in to a conversation with an energy vampire, immediately visualize a bubble of white light surrounding you. Even consider calling in Archangel Michael (our angelic protector) to surround you and protect your energy field.
- If you receive an e-mail from an energy vampire, do not respond. Do not engage in the energy.
- Stay grounded. You can do this in several ways. Go outside and literally sit/stand on the ground, or sit leaning up against a tree. Wear grounding crystals such as black tourmaline, shungite, or labradorite. When you are grounded to Mother Earth, you connect with her vibration which is pure and uplifting.
- Raise your vibration. Energy vampires tend to avoid people who have high energy vibrations. Check out the articles on my Member-Only Page (sign up in the box in the right column of my website) on how to raise your vibration. Practice gratitude and surround yourself with things that make you happy. Wear high vibrational crystals such as angelite, celestite, selenite and rose quartz. Get frequent energy healing sessions to recalibrate your energy field.
- Understand that the energy vampire is in a toxic place, so send them love, positive energy, light, rainbows, leprechauns, angels, kittens, puppies, daisies, tulips and any other joyful thing you can conjure.
- Do not get mad at the energy vampire; instead, visualize them as a hurt 4-year-old child who does not know how to process their anguish. Energy vampires are aching inside and if you can understand that, you will react less to their energy, which will keep your energy field safe.
- And if you’re like me and feeling really bold, after an energy vampire unleashes their venom, I always like to say “Now tell me something good.” That usually sends them away.
Do you have other techniques that have worked with energy vampires? If so, please share!
Wishing you an energy-vampire-free day!
All my best,
Join in on our conversations!