Recently my essential oil group spent a month focusing on how to shift from a negative to a positive mindset. Our inner feelings and beliefs dominate our mindset. When we can identify the underlying feeling or belief, we can then start the shift from a negative to positive mindset.
These are some of our favorite essential oils and crystals to help us shift.
Shifting from overwhelm to motivated
We live in a world with a lot of noise and information overload. It can be so much that we feel smothered and weighed down which can create apathy and numbness. These are our favorites:
- Magnify Your Purpose blend = Overwhelm can set in when you have lost your purpose. Smell this oil and let it get you back on track with your purpose.
- Motivation blend = This was a team favorite and the name says it all! When you smell it or diffuse it, you will be amazed at what you get done.
- Sacred Mountain blend = When you can calm and ground yourself, you can begin to re-energize and move out of the mindset of overwhelm.
- Crystals I love for motivation are Celestite (helps calm when overwhelmed), Clear Quartz (amplifies your energy field simply by holding it) and Stellar Beam (Dog Tooth) Calcite (very high vibrational energy to get moving).
Shifting from worry & fear to strength & courage
Worry and fear are feelings of scarcity, lack, disempowerment, panic, and despair. All you are doing is traumatizing yourself about something in the future that has not and likely will not happen. Worry stores in the stomach as powerlessness and fear stores in the kidneys. These emotions will lower you in to a frequency where dis-ease can take root. So don’t go there! These are our favorites:
- Valor blend = When we worry and are consumed with fear, we simply need to find our confidence and courage. Valor helps to shift your energy to get back on track.
- Abundance blend = Abundance is an energy and mindset. It is about shifting to see all that you have in your life and that your glass is overflowing! When you see that, fear and worry melt away.
- Present Time blend = When you are present, everything is perfect in that moment. Do not let your mindset get stuck in the past or worried and afraid of the future. This is a very calming blend that really helps to focus on being present.
- Crystals I love for courage are Black Tourmaline (grounding and strength), Celestite (releases negative patterns of fear and worry) and Dumortierite (calming strength and courage).
Shifting from anger to forgiveness
Have you felt a lot of anger floating around in the air? Sometimes the anger that gets into our energy is actually not our own. But it still can still cause havoc in our body. Anger stores itself in our liver, and resentment in the spleen. When anger is not processed it can result in bitterness, intolerance, and settle into resentment … more toxic emotions for our poor body to deal with. These are our favorites:
- Release blend = When you are ready to let go of toxic feelings and mindset. Topically apply over your liver and then deeply inhale it while saying “I release all negativity from body, mind and spirit”.
- Forgiveness blend = As Mark Twain said, “”Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” Forgiveness is beautiful once you find it. When you smell this blend it can bring you into a higher awareness and vibrational frequency to the point where you can let go and move on. Topically apply over your heart and then deeply inhale while saying “I am thankful for life’s experiences and the lessons they teach.”
- Humility blend = Humility is the step after forgiveness so that we can learn and transform. It keeps you sweet and strong no matter what is happening around you.
- Crystals I love for forgiveness are Blue Lace Agate (calming), Rose Quartz (forgiving) and Rutilated Quartz (let go of the past hurts).
Shifting from loneliness to self-love
Did you know that the remedy to loneliness is self-love? Lack of self-love can come from unresolved grief and when grief is not processed and released it can lead to depression. When you are comfortable hanging out with yourself, your thoughts, and engaging in self-care and personal development during isolation, you are less likely to feel lonely. These are our favorites:
- Frankincense = Simply smelling this oil can get your energy moving. It is my favorite when missing a person, pet or lifestyle, to restore faith, to ground and uplift. It is also soothing for moments of unworthiness and loneliness.
- White Angelica blend = You will want to slather all over yourself (your pets). I call it the Wrapped-In-A-Warm-Blanket Oil and the All-Is-Well oil. It is like being wrapped in love. It feels protective so that you do not feel the need to isolate. I love to use it with abused and shelter pets.
- Hope blend = Hope is a good start with when it comes to deep emotional healing. Because other than love, we all need hope. When you combine the energy of Melissa for those who are highly sensitive with the deep grounding and empowerment of Juniper, Myrrh and Black Spruce, you find Hope! It is my go-to for deep emotions that need to be released. It will help you keep moving forward one day at a time.
- Crystals I love for self-love are Citrine (happy vibe crystal), Lepidolite (contains lithium to pull out of grief and sadness) and Rose Quartz (self-love).
And always remember … Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change.
About Allie Phillips:
My name is Allie Phillips and I like proof, not fluff! I am a Certified Health Coach, Life/Law of Attraction Mindset Coach, Usui Reiki Master-Teacher, Integrated Energy Therapy Master-Instructor, Advanced Crystal Master, Universal energy educator, Young Living Essential Oil Brand Partner Leader (#1414338), and an Attorney. I believe in empowering people with education that is well-researched, easy to understand and implement with many options for success, and with experience that it works. My passion is blending all of my expertise together as a Holistic Wellness Coach to help people and pets stay well and thrive in our changing world. I am the author of The Oily Pet and The Oily Crystal and have written several award-winning animal protection books and publications. As an animal & family protection attorney who is an internationally recognized educator on prosecuting family violence and animal abuse cases, and the Founder/CEO of Sheltering Animals & Families Together (SAF-T)®, I love helping animal companions live safely and with wellness because for those of us who have them grace our worlds, they are our soul mates.
I recently spent a month polling my essential oil group (The Purrmaste Oils Team) about their favorite essential oil products. I am excited to share their answers with you!
What is your favorite essential oil to smell good?
- Believe = Tanya B. loves this blend because it reminds her of the Pacific Northwest where she used to live. It’s a blend of tree oils (like Balsam Canada, Idaho Blue Spruce, and Frankincense) and floral oils (like Geranium and Ylang Ylang). It’s divine.
- Davana = Erin M. said this oil helps her feel light, free, like a kid again! Did you know that Davana smells different on everyone because it adapts to each person’s chemistry and unique energy? I love that!
- Geranium = Grace B. wears this as perfume. It makes her feel all dressed up for a special occasion even when she’s just going to the grocery store!
- Joy blend = Dee H. wears this everyday because it helps her feel happy. I do, too! Joy combines citrus and floral oils that are known as happy oils. This is one of my favorites.
- Jasmine + Neroli = Sara A. blends these two together and will sometimes add a citrus oil like Tangerine or Grapefruit, or a tree oil like Black Spruce.
- Sacred Mountain blend = Rose H. goes for this blend because it is grounding which brings a smile to her face. This combination of tree oils like Grand Fir, Cedarwood and Black Spruce with the floral oil of Ylang Ylang makes this a team favorite.
I love to create my own essential oil diffuser blends, I took the responses and created this Smell Good Diffuser Blend. It can also be made into a roller bottle blend.
What is your favorite essential oil for sleep?
- Frankincense = This was an overwhelming team favorite, especially for topical application on the head to calm the inner chatter. Everyone loves Frank at bedtime.
- Peace & Calming blend = Rose H. loves this blend because Orange and Tangerine calm the mind, and Patchouli and Ylang Ylang bring on a soft sweetness.
- Release blend = Several team members grab this oil when emotions and thoughts keep them awake at night. It’s amazing to release anger and frustration that can disturb sleep. It’s a blend of floral oils, citrus oils, grounding tree oils, and the powerful Blue Tansy oil that energetically kicks negative emotions to the curb.
- Sacred Mountain blend = Margaret S. uses this blend to settle in for the night due to the tree and floral oils.
- Sleepyize blend = Many in the team voted for this blend to diffuse it at bedtime and topically apply to the forehead. It blends calming oils like Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Sacred Frankincense, Tangerine, Rue and Valerian with sweet happy oils like Bergamot and Geranium for sweet dreams.
- Tranquil blend = This roll-on blend of Lavender, Cedarwood, and Roman Chamomile is on my forehead every night to calm my mental to-do list. This is one of my favorites.
What is your favorite essential oil for happiness?
- Christmas Spirit blend = I agree with Susan N. on this one. It’s a blend of Cinnamon Bark, Orange and Spruce is a fan favorite. I could (and sometimes do) diffuser it year-round! This is one of my favorites.
- Citrus Fresh blend + Purification blend = Karen R. blends these two together for a really happy home blend. I never thought of doing that!
- Grapefruit = Sara A. says it goes well with everything, like a little black dress.
- Orange = This was a team favorite. Allyson G. said, “it is definitely a happy oil” and she likes to blend it with Thieves oil blend. Interesting combo, eh?
- Vanilla = Dee H. adds this to Orange oil for a happy diffuser blend and I do that, too. Vanilla with any happy citrus oil is delish!
When I looked at some of the team favorites, I created a Happiness Diffuser Blend. It can also be made into a roller bottle for a beautiful perfume
What is your favorite essential oil for your skin?
- CBE Beauty Boost = I love this at nighttime for a morning youthful glow. The blend of CBD isolate with Rose oil (oh my, skin loves Rose), Tamanu oil and Grapeseed oil does wonders for skin tone, dry skin and reducing fine lines and wrinkles. This is one of my favorites and my skin does not look dry or my age!
- Frankincense = Frank gets around and got the most votes because everyone loves him for skin. As you can tell, Frank is one of our most popular oils because it does so much!
- Mirah Luminous Cleansing Oil = This was a team favorite and I could not agree more. Oil cleanses oil and this will leave your face feeling ultra moisturized but not greasy. The Rose, Sandalwood and Jasmine oils in it are amazing for your skin.
I hope you found the favorites of my Purrmaste Oils Team helpful. In the comments I would love to know what are your favorites in these 4 categories?
About Allie Phillips:
My name is Allie Phillips and I like proof, not fluff! I am a Certified Health Coach, Life/Law of Attraction Mindset Coach, Usui Reiki Master-Teacher, Integrated Energy Therapy Master-Instructor, Advanced Crystal Master, Universal energy educator, Young Living Essential Oil Brand Partner Leader (#1414338), and an Attorney. I believe in empowering people with education that is well-researched, easy to understand and implement with many options for success, and with experience that it works. My passion is blending all of my expertise together as a Holistic Wellness Coach to help people and pets stay well and thrive in our changing world.
I am the author of The Oily Pet and The Oily Crystal and have written several award-winning animal protection books and publications. As an animal & family protection attorney who is an internationally recognized educator on prosecuting family violence and animal abuse cases, and the Founder/CEO of Sheltering Animals & Families Together (SAF-T)®, I love helping animal companions live safely and with wellness because for those of us who have them grace our worlds, they are our soul mates.