For the past 3 years, my learning and use of essential oils has increased dramatically. I had used essential oils since the late 1990’s but I never talked about them or shared them. If social media existed back then, I would not have been posting about the oils. Why? Because they didn’t work! Sorry unnamed essential oils, all you did was smell pretty but you did nothing to support my physical, emotional, mental or spiritual health. And you had way too many precautions on how to use them and wouldn’t let me use them on my cats.
So why am I now talking about the oils and sharing them on social media? I found a brand that works! I no longer throw good money away on something that smells good; I invest my money in oils that actually support me from the inside out. And oils that I can use with my cats and other animals that I work with. It’s Young Living Essential Oils.
When I mention Young Living, a few people have immediately pushed back because (1) it’s a network/relationship marketing company so it’s a pyramid scheme, (2) they’ve read something unflattering about the company, or (3) they think the oils are too expensive.
(1) Young Living is a network/relationship marketing company because they are brilliant about not spending money on TV/print/mass marketing and instead rely on the word of mouth of people who are using the oils. They are not a pyramid scheme. A pyramid scheme is an illegal scam where people invest money, the money flows up the hierarchy, and it does not involve the sale of products. Young Living is a $1+ billion company. Do you think that would have happened if it was a pyramid scheme? You are already sharing things that you love, right? Restaurants, movies, food, books, but you don’t get paid for doing it. Network marketing a brilliant business model to compensate people if they share your product, right? So what’s wrong with that? Absolutely nothing. There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of network marketing companies in the world and chances are you’ve purchased from one. If you have anything Tupperware in your house, you bought from a network marketing company. Avon, Mary Kay, Arbonne? Network marketing. So are we good that network/relationship marketing is not a scam?
(2) If you Google anyone or anything, you will find something negative. We all know people who love to complain from behind the safety of their computer. What I’ve learned over the years is that when you are an innovator, when you don’t play by the status quo rules, and you push boundaries to create something that no one else is or can, you will make some enemies along the way. It’s jealousy. Period. Some people love to knock down the movers and shakers. Innovative companies like Apple, Facebook, and so on have negative things about them on the Internet. But that doesn’t stop you from using Facebook or buying an Apple product, right? Do your own research and instead of looking for negative reviews, intentionally go looking for positive reviews and I can guarantee that you will find amazing stories about how Young Living essential oils are changing the lives of millions of people (and animals) across the planet. I don’t know about you, but I want to be associated with a mover-and-shaker like Young Living.
And (3) you can absolutely buy cheap oils at the health food store. But you’ll get cheap results like I did. Instead of wasting $14 on an adulterated synthetic bottle of Lavender oil, why not pay $23 for pure therapeutic grade Lavender oil from Young Living? When you align with a company that has its own farms, partner farms, and a process like Seed to Seal (which no one else has, but they try to replicate), you are guaranteed to have the best seed, best soil, best planting location, best time of harvest, best distillation process, and therefore the best purest oil in the bottle that you buy directly from the company. When I first started, I did not know to look for those factors in an essential oil. Once you know, you’ll never go back.
Think about this:
- before Palo Santo (a tree) can be distilled, the tree has to lay on the ground for 2 years so that all of the oil’s constituents (those are the parts and pieces that actually do something) are available.
- It takes 75 lemons to create one 15-ml bottle of pure therapeutic grade Lemon essential oil.
- Young Living treks by boat into the Amazon to get the bark from a tree that gives us Copaiba oil (the most amazing overall wellness oil that you will find). I saw a video last year that showed the week-long round-trip adventure. That’s not a cheap trip. So when you see a $43 bottle of Copaiba from Young Living, ask yourself would I go into the Amazon on boat to get the bark to distill, or would I rather have someone experienced in that do it for me? The answer is simple, right?
But here’s something more that goes deeper than the effectiveness of the essential oils. The vision of Young Living is to bring essential oils to every home on the planet. The mission is to “honor our stewardship to champion nature’s living energy, essential oils, by fostering a community of healing and discovery while inspiring individuals to wellness, purpose, and abundance.”
- Wellness: when you experience therapeutic-grade essential oils like Young Living, you will notice and feel the wellness benefits. It’s why Young Living has taken the oils and created dietary supplements, natural cleaners, food products, beauty products and more! Young Living has essential oils that are approved for dietary use. And they are the first essential oil company leading the way to having over-the-counter products that are based in essential oils like Cool Azul Pain Relief Cream and Agilease to work with acute inflammatory response in the body.
- Purpose: when you experience the benefits of the oils, you find a purpose in wanting to share the oils with other people. I tell my team that we should never keep the power of the Young Living oils to ourselves. People (and pets) are struggling and you may never know how sharing will impact a life. Most people want to help others and contribute to society. This is one way … this can give you a purpose.
- Abundance: and when you share, you can experience abundance in all areas of life: health, relationships, spiritually, and financially. Young Living makes it easy to enjoy abundance through their Essential Rewards member loyalty club where you earn back a percentage of your monthly purchases in points to redeem for free products, to receiving free products each month based on how much you order. I love free stuff!
So if you’ve wondered why I have been so chatty about the oils for the past 3 years, now you know. Because of my work with animals, I needed essential oils that were safe for them. And Young Living is the only essential oil company with a Veterinary Advisory Group and an Animal Essential Oil Conference. Because if I cannot use an essential oil on or around my pets, why would I use them on myself?
If you are using any essential oils, please make sure that they are pure therapeutic-grade and do not contain any synthetics or adulteration (especially if you are using them around pets, even the simple process of diffusing). And if you really want to make sure that the oil is pure from beginning to end, check this out.
And if you want to experience the benefits of Young Living, join my team …. the Purrmaste Oil Team! I have an awesome group of people (most of who have pets), we have our own Facebook page, you will receive all of my training workshops at no cost, and I’ll make sure that you know how to use these oils for your highest benefit. Win win, right?
P.S. And please enjoy my webinar on an Introduction of Young Living Essential Oils!
About Allie Phillips: