I have a detailed write up on my website about how I went from prosecuting trial attorney to national speaker to published author to becoming certified in the Law of Attraction and several energy healing techniques.
But did you know these wild and crazy things about me?
- I am obsessed with Blue Moon icecream. Yes, it is robin’s egg blue and if blue had a flavor, this icecream would taste like blue. Not blueberry …. Blue! Whenever I go home to Michigan, my first stop is typically the Michigan State University (my alma mater) Dairy Store to gorge in blue moon and sport a bright blue tongue!
- I watched “All My Children” from about age 8 (when I was home for several months with pneumonia) until it went off the air about 18 months ago. (Psssttt … it’s coming back on Hulu at the end of this month!!!) It was my guilty pleasure to escape from the realities of life. And I embarrassingly admit that while I don’t watch a lot of TV, I love The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Dancing with the Stars (I give a really good critique of the dances) and American Idol.
I am a Harry Potter fanatic and I can take on any tween when it comes to Harry Potter trivia. Go ahead … quiz me! I’ve read the books countless times and I can recite all of the movies verbatim. In Summer 2009, I visited the movie set in London when they were filming the final two movies. I met all of the animal actors (loved the cats that played Crookshanks), walked through all of the scenes, met some of the actors (love the Weasley twins) and learned that very little in the movie was computer generated. I could write an entire blog on that experience (oooo …. I shall do that). And I will be going back to visit the exhibit at the movie studio later this summer! And yes, I have several Harry Potter wands, clothing, and have even enjoyed a Butterbeer or two.
I love Halloween, dress up every year and used to make my office staff dress up on Halloween (mandatory Halloween dress up IS a condition of your employment!!). I dressed many times as Harry Potter characters and can pull off an incredible Flo from Progressive! And yes, I even dress up my cats!
- When I a child, I would walk down the street to my paternal grandparents house and would select a rock along the way and give it to my grandfather. After ten or so years of doing this, one day he showed me a huge container that housed all of the rocks. It’s no wonder that I’m drawn to crystals.
- My dream growing up was to be a choreographer. I grew up dancing and playing instruments and was gifted at choreography. A knee injury ended that and I still scratch my head on how I then became a lawyer! But, I still ballroom dance (specifically, West Coast Swing) and a few years ago I actually competed and won my category. You can’t take the dancer out of me (now play Dancing Queen by Abba in your head). And I confess that I dressed up for Halloween a few years ago as Jennifer Beals from Flashdance! Do you see a theme here with Halloween costumes invading my other passions?!?!?!?
- I have been to two Inaugural Balls (from the past 2 elections) and wow are those loads of fun! It may even make me forget for an evening about the terrible traffic in the DC area.
I have the best collection of stuffed animals! Everywhere I go, I get one that represents the state or the country. I also just collect the ones that yell my name from the store shelf! I even travel sometimes with my two sock monkeys: Mona Munchen and Monte Schiammo. If you ever join in on one of my online classes, just look in the background and you will see a wall shelf of stuffed animals!
- The only music that I will really listen to is 80’s music …. 80’s hard rock, 80’s ballads, 80’s pop, 80’s new age …. you name it in the 80’s, and I can tell you where I was when I first heard the song. Don’t be jealous … it’s a gift. 🙂 And above all, I love Barry Manilow!
- Half of my closet is filled with pink and lime green clothes, mostly from Lilly Pulitzer. When I wear these colors, I feel that I’m back in Nantucket (a frequent vacation destination thanks to my good friend Kristen living there). So I proudly wear the Nantucket island colors and try to emulate being a Lilly Pulitzer spokesmodel.
I hope you enjoyed this crazy little run down of interesting things about me. All of these things help keep me balanced and well. I’d love to hear from you if you resonate with any of these passions!
Allie is a unique combination of self-empowerment coach (Certified Law of Attraction Counselor and Life Coach), energy therapist (Certified Crystal Healer, Usui Reiki Master-Teacher, and Integrated Energy Therapy Master-Instructor), award-winnign author, attorney and nationally-recognized animal advocate. Whether it’s wanting more freedom, creativity, loving relationships, financial security, wellbeing, relaxation … she looks at each person and animal holistically and creates a well-being plan. She combines these methods to help people gain control of their lives and to help animals live with comfort in our hectic world. It worked for her and will work for you! She particularly loves helping our animal companions because for those of us who have them grace our worlds, they are our soul mates.
Join in on the fun!
Want access to free stuff? Become an Energy Emissary! Just go to the home page and sign up in the column on the right side. You will be given access to a page full of free articles, videos, and more!
One thought on “What you didn’t know about me”
Fun stuff! Reading about your experience on the HP set would be so cool!!