My response: “You’re asking me as I sit in a trailer full of crystals pretending that I’m not taking most of them home? LOL”
Seriously, I’ve been an attorney since 1994 and I have a home filled with crystals and I teach crystal healing classes. What’s up with that? For me it’s two answers: (1) If something helps me feel better, calmer, more energized, I don’t need a double-blind peer-reviewed study to tell me it works. And (2) once I dove deep into learning the science of crystals, that helped my intellectual mind understand what my intuitive mind already knew … they work!
Here’s why I think crystals are growing in popularity:
- More people are opening their eyes to all of the toxins in our food, cleaners, skincare products, makeup and more. They are feeling tired, sluggish and out of sorts and traditional options are not working. So they are trying more Earth-based products like crystals and essential oils and finding that they feel better. Placebo effect? Maybe, but in my experience it is doubtful to be placebo. We don’t need research studies to tell us whether something works. Eventually science will catch up with what I know works.
- Many are feeling the shift in energy that is coming from changes in Earth’s frequency, changes in planetary placements, feeling the collective energy of all beings on the planet, and our own internal shift as we evolve to the next level. The plant, animal and mineral kingdoms all communicate with each other. So humans and animal instinctively are drawn to touch a crystal. We feel the soothing nature of crystals during these times even if most can’t explain why.
- Many are drawn to crystals to help quiet the mind, help with mindfulness, and go deeper into a meditation and spiritual practice. DIY Spirituality is big right now and crystals help!
- More non-metaphysical businesses are delving into crystals by placing them in their stores or creating beautiful crystal products and jewelry which catch the eye of a shopper. Even the growing tech industry relies on crystals to power phones, computers and televisions.
- Crystals are simply beautiful in how they refract light and sparkle, so some people are decorating their homes with crystals even if they do not fully understand or appreciate what crystals do to enhance the energy of a space.
- Some people are fascinated with the ancient history and culture of crystals and how they were used thousands of years ago.
- The essential oil world discovered crystals a few years ago. I have been blending crystals and essential oils together for over a decade but the concept has EXPLODED and spilled over to social media where crystals are getting more attention. But not all crystals can be blended in liquid, like an essential oil. My book The Oily Crystal explains why.
- There are reputable, educated and trained teachers offering solid crystal classes in-person and online to help people understand that these are more than pretty sparkly stones. There is an energy to crystals that has a scientific basis and explanation of what crystals do for our cells, emotions and more. I have been teaching about crystals for almost a decade and I blend the science AND the spiritual art of what crystals really do. I help people understand why Rose Quartz helps the Heart Chakra.
If you’ve been intrigued by crystals, I am inviting you to join in one of my crystal classes. My Basic Crystal Healing and Crystal Healing for Animals classes are now ONLINE in addition to being in-person in Lansing, Michigan. And my 2-day Advanced Crystal Healing class is now online. And I offer THREE different certifications! If you would like to join in a crystal healing class, click here to check the schedule!